Before we find out what make a good research paper, it is important to first understand what a research paper is. A research paper is a document that requires the researcher to gather information, organize the information, interpret and then come up with the findings and conclusion concerning the research. The inclusion of the author’s intentions is what makes a good research paper. But it should be noted that this is not the only thing that makes a good research paper. So what makes a good research paper?
When we want to find out what makes a good research paper, it is important to note the following things.
- Selection of a topic-a good topic is what makes a good research paper. It is important for somebody to be careful when choosing a topic for a research paper; a good or bad topic will determine the outcome of the research paper.
- Gathering of information-the right information and the right method of gathering that information is what makes a good research paper. Information can be gotten from the internet, libraries, and journals, from direct interviews, observation and from scientific data. You should be able to find the relevant information to the heading of your research paper.
- State the thesis-your thesis should not be more than two sentences. A good thesis should be able to represent the beliefs of the writer concerning the topic he or she is writing about. A good thesis is what makes a good research paper.
- Coming up with the outline-an outline plays a bigger role in determining what makes a good research paper. The outline should be prepared after the heading and before writing the content of the research. This outline should comprise of a brief introduction of your research, the subtopics of the research and the conclusion of the research. Make sure that the introduction part contains the thesis statement and a brief explanation of what your research is about. Your subtopic should include brief headings that will eventually make up the content of the research and the conclusion part should have a brief report of your findings and the interpretation of the whole content of the research paper.
- Drafting the research paper. How you write the research paper will determine the result of the final copy of your research paper. When writing a research paper, you should have at the back of your mind the outline that you had come up with. The information that is contained in the outline of the research should be expounded at this stage; this is what makes a good research paper.
- Reviewing the research paper-make sure that before you print the final draft you go through it to eliminate any grammatical errors. If it is possible give it to somebody else to read it and allow him or her to make any comments whether positive or negative. In doing this you will prove to have understood what makes a good research paper.
From the following steps, you are now familiar with what makes a good research paper. And it is obvious that a lot of work need to be put in place in order to come up with a good research paper. It will also take a lot of reading other research paper to know what makes a good research paper.
Lastly, it is important to mention that adequate time allotted in the research work is what makes a good research paper. Students should avoid doing their research at the last minutes of submission as this is one of the down falls of what makes a good research paper.