In 1956, Leon Festinger did a study on monkeys and 4 year olds to introduce the concept of cognitive dissonance in decision making. The concept concluded that when
there are two conflicting thoughts surrounding a decision, the decision is rationalized in order to avoid cognitive dissonance. Following a difficult decision,
dissonance theory predicts that individuals will feel negative emotions and as a result be motivated to reduce the dissonance (and view the decision more positively).
This is good mentally until updated information comes in to the contrary. Buyer’s remorse or cognitive dissonance set in again. In the instance of buyer’s remorse, the
bad feelings exist, but the motivation to reduce dissonance may not be strong enough to eliminate these negative feelings. Consider that certain persons lack the
essential motivation, such as depressed individuals, or depending on the nature of the decision buyer’s remorse is experienced again. Is Cognitive Dissonance a viable
Prepare a 10 – 12 page paper on Cognitive Dissonance. Is it a viable theory? The paper should have the following format:
1. Abstract – 2 paragraphs in short sentences with the promise of the paper addressing questions of research on the topic.
2. Introduction – Write after paper is finished, one page on what is in the paper.
3. Literature review – body of the paper. six scholarly reviews
Do a separate page with a rubric for literature review with the following headings:
Site What they say What it say about the topic
4. Finding/Discussion – answer the big question “Is Cognitive Dissonance a viable theory?
5. Methology – How id did the research of the paper
6. Conclusion – Is Cognitive Research a viable theory and the answer and writer’s opinion
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂