Please mention a quote regards to children’s literature by Mel Gilbson from NorthUmbria.
Please kindly answer all questions that mention in the handbook module that upload in the additional materials.
1. You may select one book but it must be an illustrated book and not a children’s picture book. OR
2. You may select two books but one must be an illustrated book and one a children’s picture book. OR
3. You may select three books and one must be a children’s picture book.
Selection of theme/issue
Select a common theme you can find from the book/books selected mention in the modules, which has upload in the additional materials. However, there can be several themes/issues cited in the books selected, depending on how one look at it. Its acceptable.
Examples mention in handbook/module:
1) Rossie Walk – by Pat Hutchins (1968) Themes: Farm Animals/Humor
2) We’re Going On A Bear Hunt – Author: Rosen, Michael illustrator: Helen Oxenbury (1989)
1) Looking for JJ by Anne Cassidy (2004)
2) PiggyBook by Anthony Browne
As it is a bachelor(hons) degree so I required a professional and scholar standard, it must be 4000 words and not exceed. Times New Roman, double spacing. Please read more instructions or informations in the upload additional materials. Sources/References: 8-12, must be published with author name and year etc. No careless mistake so please check spellings, grammar, vocabulary and etc. deliver a remarkable paper free of plagiarism please. Please check plagiarism.
This is how you can get started in doing your assignment. A kind of a checklist for you too.
1. Select a common theme for the books you have selected.
2. Search the internet for the many reviews done on the books selected.
3. Take not of the similarities and differences identified from these review.
4. What you learn from this review is only to be taken as a guide to your analysis.
1. Look at all the questions asked from the power point notes.
2. Strike off questions that overlap.
3. From the questions identify key points such as: genre, overall story structure , plot, character, settings, ideology, narration, audience
– What the author and the reader have to say on these key points and link to the theories
-reader’s response theory – the demands of open and closed texts (session 1)
-Does the book promote good textual health ? Yes or no, state evidence (session 2)
-Critically analyse on the complexity of picture book and illustrated book (session 3)
-Critically analyse on the irony, parody and intertextuality of these books (session 4)
-Critically analyse on the suitability of the story (Session 5)
– Does the book encourage or enable the reader to think, link, fill gaps, read actively (i.e. engage ideas beyond face value)? -provide evidence
– Does it create a complex, multi-layered experience for reader?-provide evidence
-Do you consider the book as classic? Yes or No state why?
-Explore the issues of sexism or gender discrimination in the books you selected (session 6)
-Explore the approach and ideologies (session 6)
-Do you consider this book quality ? ‘typical’, cliched and stereotyped / didactic? create a multi layered experience for the reader ? Provide evidence. (session 7)
– When are these books written and when and how were they written (session 7 page 2 of yr slides)
Nodelman’s theory on quality of books
-Answer the all seminar questions for your critical analysis on the books selected which I did not state here.
-After consolidating and synthesizing some key points, link to the statement : of necessity, children book must be simple………..
Your critical analysis must take in view of the theme/issues you identified in the stories selected.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!